Motto: ‘To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield.’ Alfred, Lord Tennyson.
Kerrie lives in Perth, Western Australia, Australia and is the Sole Trader of Kerrie Duff Consulting.
She has a quirky sense of humour and has been (lovingly) called a craft-o-holic – especially with quilting, patchwork and lace-making. Kerrie occasionally masquerades as a mermaid with 3 other women (including at the 2012 International Day of Disability event in Northbridge.)
She is a longstanding advocate for disability and human rights issues.
Kerrie’s awesome claim to fame is that she is a Paralympian and won a bronze for the 400 meters freestyle in England, 1984, with a personal best time by 11 seconds, yes, 11. Others improve by 100ths of seconds. Not Kerrie. Who knows what she would have done if she didn’t miscount the laps and keep a bit in reserve in case she needed to do another 100 meters!
Kerrie holds a Masters of Human Rights (Curtin; 2014) and Bachelor of Arts (Monash; 1983).
She is a certified Training and Assessment trainer (Morley Training Centre; 2013) and a Leaders for Tomorrow graduate (2013). She has a Full Blue from Monash University for her sporting achievements
Kerrie grew up in Victoria and now lives in Western Australia. She is married to Martin and puppy mummy to Lucy, aunt to Giselle and Felix.
- Provide leadership and mentor youth and adults with disabilities to assist them to reach their potential.
- Seek justice and rights for people whom society often overlooks or ignores.
- Write children’s books. Maybe even an autobiography (when far older).
- Represented Australia internationally at:
- 1994 Far Eastern South Pacific International Competition (Beijing) Swimming, Gold, Silver;
- 1984 Paralympics (Equal ranking to Olympics for sport for people with disabilities) UK. Bronze medalist 400m f/s
- 1982, Far Eastern & South Pacific Comp’n (equal ranking as Commonwealth Games for people with disabilities), Hong Kong.Gold (2), silver (1), bronze (2); 1981
- First Invitational Junior Games for the Disabled, Newcastle Upon Tyne,UK.
- National competitions & A.U.S.S.I. Masters:various medals & Australian records
- Employment history:
- Current: National Disability Insurance Agency: Planning and Support Officer (while I take a break from consulting.)
- Previously:WA’s Individualised Services: Communications officer (p/t); Rocky Bay- training department – casual support trainer; Options Employment – casual trainer. People With disabilities WA; Spina Bifida Association WA; World Vision Australia; Laserlife Australia
- Rocky Bay: Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus Advisory Committee
- People With disabilities WA: Vice President. Board Member
- Women With Disabilities Australia: Board member
- Diverse Leadership WA – Secretary. Public officer
- Telethon Kids Institute/ UWA School of Population & Health- Consumer representative: Developmental Pathways Project
- Women with Disabilities WA: President
- Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus Association WA: Vice President
- Genetics Support Council WA: Treasurer
- Spina Bifida Foundation Victoria: Board member
- Spina Bifida Association Victoria: President
- Yooralla: Board member